• Total orders of $215 million, up $79 million, or 58%, compared to last year and up $49 million, or 30%, compared to the fourth quarter of 2016
• Net sales of $178 million, up 3% compared to last year
• GAAP earnings per share of $0.12 for the quarter
• Adjusted earnings per share of $0.14 for the quarter
• Operating cash flow up $20.4 million compared to last year
Oak Brook, Illinois, April 27, 2017 — Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE:FSS), a leader in environmental and safety solutions, today reported results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2017.
Consolidated net sales for the first quarter were $177.8 million, up $5.0 million, or 3% versus the same quarter a year ago. First quarter income from continuing operations was $7.2 million, equal to $0.12 per diluted share, compared to $10.4 million, equal to $0.17 per share, in the prior-year quarter.
The Company also reported adjusted net income from continuing operations for the first quarter of $8.5 million, equal to $0.14 per diluted share, compared to $11.7 million, or $0.19 per diluted share, in the same quarter a year ago. The Company is reporting adjusted results to facilitate comparisons of underlying performance on a year-over-year basis. A reconciliation of these and other non-GAAP measures is provided at the conclusion of this news release.
View the complete release