Our Platform is intended for users over the age of 18. Our Platform does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us at email@example.com to request that this information be deleted from our records. We will then make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores that information.
You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this Policy. Please mark your inquiries “Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Information Request.”
Collection of Personal Information
FSC may collect information from and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact information, such as names, mailing or business addresses, phone and fax numbers, and email addresses.
- Device information, including Information about the visitor's computer system or device, such as the web browser type, IP address and operating system. This may also include information about networks or Bluetooth connections that are associated with your device.
- Account information, such as user name and password combinations.
- Billing information, including billing and shipping addresses.
- Employment information, if you apply for a job on our Platform and provide your employment history, place of birth, passport numbers, trade union memberships, pictures, digital signatures and professional license numbers.
- Social media information, we may collect information you provide through our social media pages and information about your social media profile and page.
- Information you post or submit, including information you post on our Platform or information you submit in connection with one of our promotions. This may include photographs or other user-generated content.
- Demographic information, such as your birthdate, age, gender and zip code.
- Location information, including information about your exact location when you use our Platform. We may also collect this information in the background when our mobile applications are not in use.
- Other information, such as the number of Company web pages visited, click stream data, and other navigation information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or the next site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we might look at how often you use the app and from where you downloaded it.
How We Collect Personal Information
FSC collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information on our Platform.
- Directly from You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Apply for a job through our Platform.
- Purchase products or services through our Platform.
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests or surveys.
- Configure a lightbar through our Platform’s lightbar configurator.
- Sign up to receive promotional communications.
- Submit a request to our customer service team.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Platform on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites, mobile sites, mobile applications and devices when you use the website. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including dealers and distributors that sell our products, as well as analytics and other cookie vendors.
- Social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you. Certain third parties, including our dealers and distributors, might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include your purchase history or online usage information.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine information we collect about you from the various devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine information we receive from third parties with information we already have about you.
Use of Personal Information
Examples of how we may use your information that we collect through our Platform include:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for products or services. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions.
- To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your information to make our Platform, products and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for employment or for some of our products, services and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth and state of residence.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what products interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion.
- To Communicate with You. We may communicate with you about your account or your potential business. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might use your information to send you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may also use your information to send you electronic communications. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted by Law.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information within our FSC family of companies.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include merchandise vendors. It may also include companies that send emails or deliver advertisements on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include dealers and distributors that sell our products. This may also include our analytics and advertising vendors.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, if FSC merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may transfer our customer information as part of such a transaction or as stand-alone assets.
- To Comply with the Law or to Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions included with the communication. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries.
Protection of Personal Information
We use standard safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of personal information to protect it. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or which we obtain. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of our Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
Storage of Personal Information
Information we maintain may be stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. Our Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year to request that we provide you with the information we have regarding you, deletion of said data (with various exceptions), rectification if said data is inaccurate, and whether we have shared personal information with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) inquiry. Provision of your information is free of charge and will occur within 45 days of your request pending other certain circumstances. Further, you have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information by accessing the (insert link) button on our homepage entitled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information.”
Only you our someone you authorize may make a verifiable request on your behalf. Please contact us should you wish to designate someone else to submit a verifiable request.
We will not discriminate if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. We will not withhold products/services, charge different prices/rates, prohibit your participation in any incentive programs, and/or not provide the same level of quality customer service we afford everyone.
1415 22nd Street #1100
ATTN: General Counsel
Oak Brook, IL 60523